Free School Meals
As you may be aware, if you claim certain benefits your child/ren could be entitled to Free School Meals and have access to the Pupil Premium Scheme, which provides additional funding that enables enrichment of your child's learning.
You may be entitled if you claim any of the following:
Income-based job seeker’s allowance
Income-related employment and support allowance
Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The guarantee element of state pension credit
Child tax credit: provided you are not entitled to working tax credit (unless four week run on) and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
We encourage parents/carers to apply for this hugely beneficial scheme, even if your child is entitled to Universal Free School Meals.
If you think this applies to you, please click on the link for an instant decision. The online application take a few moments to complete. Please also remember that if you are moving to a new school in a different county, you MUST re-apply for your child/ren's Free School Meals.
North Somerset Free School Meal online application
If you are unsure and have any questions, please ring the school office on 01275 875607 or speak to Mrs Ray or Ms Langson directly. Our office staff are able to apply on your behalf where a decision will be made online instantly. Feel free to drop in and request this service.
It is important that children are kept hydrated through the school day.
Please remember these important guidelines:
- Children should arrive at school with a plastic bottle of water every day.
- Teachers will encourage the routine of drinking during learning time and when children can access their drink.
- No fizzy drinks / squash or juices.
- The only drink permitted in school is water. Should a child arrive with juice, the teacher will ask for it to be poured away, rinsed and refilled with water.
- Children may enjoy a juice / squash drink in their packed lunch box, which is only to be consumed during the lunch hour.